- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 14:01
Third Grade Literacy Curriculum
1. Applies grade level phonics and word analysis skills to decode words.
2. Reads accurately and fluently to support comprehension.
3. Asks and answers questions to show understanding of a text. Refer explicitly to the text.
4. Uses text features to locate information efficiently.
5.Compares & contrasts two versions of a story or two different texts on the same topic, including theme, setting, plot, key ideas or details, speaking clearly at an understandable pace.
6. Identifies different cultural perspectives in literary and informational texts.
1. Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
2. Write informational texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
3. Write narratives (stories) using descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
4. Revises and edits a piece of writing with support from peers and adults.
5. Uses grade appropriate capitalization and punctuation.
6. Spells grade level words correctly. Uses reference materials to check and correct spelling.
Speaking and Listening
1. Participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions at grade level with diverse partners or groups.
2.Prepare a presentation including appropriate visual supports.
3.Present information with appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details, speaking clearly at an understandable pace.
4.Acquire and use grade-appropriate conversational and academic vocabulary.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools