- Last Updated on Thursday, 13 August 2015 08:38
Second Grade Mathematics Curriculum
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
1. Represents and solves problems involving addition and subtraction.
2. Recalls automatically addition and subtraction facts within 20.
3. Fluently add and subtract within 100 using strategies and models.
4. Mentally finds 10 or 100 more and 10 and 100 less than a given number.
Number and Operations
1. Composes and decomposes any three-digit number by creating groups of hundreds, tens, and ones
2. Counts within 1000 by skip counting by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
3. Reads and writes, and compares numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number, names, and expanded notation.
4. Uses place value understanding to add and subract within 1000.
Measurement and Data
1. Measures and estimates lengths in standard units.
2. Tells time to the nearest 5 minutes.
3. Solves word problems involving money and records the answer using appropriate symbols.
4. Constructs and interprets picture and bar
1. Recognizes, identifies, and draws shapes having specified attributes.
2. Partitions circles and rectangles into two, three, and four equal shares, describing them as halves, thirds, fourths.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools