- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 16:42
MEETING OF THE
MONTPELIER BOARD OF SCHOOL COMMISSIONERS
December 1, 2010
Minutes Approved: December 8, 2010
Board: Sue Aldrich, Carolyn Herz (departed after Executive Session), John Hollar, Charlie Phillips, Steve Robinson, Rick Vanden Bergh, Lowell VanDerlip
Administration: Superintendent Mark Mason
Student: Ben Rose
Public: City Manager Bill Fraser, Mayor Mary Hooper, Members of the Montpelier City Council
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m.
2. Executive Session On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to enter Executive Session at 6:00 p.m., with the superintendent remaining. On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to leave Executive Session at 6:31 p.m.
3. Return to Open Session 6:31 p.m.
4. Adjust/Review Agenda No changes.
5. Public Comments None.
6. Discussion with City Council The discussion focused on four topics: Recreation Department management, the School Resource Officer, facilities, and adolescent issues in the community. There was anecdotal conversation in regard to transportation and plowing as well.
7. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of November 17, 2010
On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to approve the consent agenda including minutes of the November 17, 2010 meeting and Warrants 23 and 24 dated December 2, 2010 in the amounts of $548,403.55 and $20,657.03 respectively
8. Announcements Mr. Hollar announced that he will not seek re-election on Town Meeting Day in March.
9. Adjournment On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to adjourn at 7:15 p.m.
Mark R. Mason
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools