- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 May 2011 11:13
MEETING OF THE
MONTPELIER BOARD OF SCHOOL COMMISSIONERS
February 16, 2011
Minutes Approved: March 2, 2011
Board: Sue Aldrich, Carolyn Herz, John Hollar, Charlie Phillips, Steve Robinson, Rick Vanden Bergh, Lowell VanDerlip
Administration: Superintendent Mark Mason, Director of Facilities Thom Wood
Public: Jennifer Bean, Ann Nelson, Carol Paquette
Absent: Ben Rose
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m.
2. Executive Session On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to enter Executive Session at 6:00 p.m., with the superintendent remaining. On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to leave Executive Session at 6:28 p.m.
a. Contract Matter
3. Reception for Outgoing Board Members
4. Return to Open Session 7:10 p.m.
5. Adjust/Review Agenda A second unpaid leave of absence request will be added to the consent agenda. The board will act on the contract matter discussed in Executive Session. Mr. Hollar would like to discuss a communication from Commissioner Vilaseca.
6. Public Comments None.
7. Update on Facilities Director of Facilities Thom Wood introduced himself to the board and provided them with an update on the Honeywell contract.
8. Discuss Audit Follow-Up A written report was provided.
9. Update on Head Injury Protocol An updated written protocol was provided. Superintendent Mason also distributed a copy of the House Education Committee’s recently passed Student-Athlete Concussion Bill (H.46).
a. Class Size – Second Reading Mrs. Herz requested the previously provided class size data in a different format. This policy will be warned for adoption.
11. Approve 2011-2012 School Calendar Board approval not required under the policy governance model.
12. Discuss Superintendent Limitations Report A written report was provided.
a. 2.8 Communication and Support to the Board
13. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of January 19, 2011
c. Unpaid Leave of Absence Requests
e. MHS Field Trip Request
Mrs. Aldrich moved, seconded by Mrs. Herz, to approve the consent agenda including minutes of the January 19, 2011 meeting, Warrants 31 and 32 dated February 3, 2011 in the amounts of $521,261.72 and $21,449.56 respectively, Warrants 33 and 34 dated February 17, 2011 in the amounts of $723,399.52 and $21,526.94 respectively, two teacher unpaid leave of absence requests, a teacher resignation, and Lyman Castle’s field trip request to New York City on March 28-30, 2011. Motion carried unanimously.
14. Action Item
a. Contract Matter Mrs. Aldrich moved, seconded by Mr. VanDerlip, to approve a Side Letter of Agreement to the Montpelier Education Association Negotiated Agreement for 2010-2012. Motion carried unanimously.
15. Discuss Communication from Commissioner Vilaseca Mr. Hollar informed the board that Commissioner Vilaseca responded to the district’s request to hire a superintendent by written letter authorizing the recruitment of only an interim superintendent. Discussion ensued.
16. Adjournment On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to adjourn at 7:45 p.m.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools