- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 May 2011 12:11
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m. by Superintendent Mark Mason.
2. Board Reorganization Superintendent Mason opened nominations for Board Chair. Mr. VanDerlip nominated Mrs. Aldrich for Chair. There were no further nominations and Mrs. Aldrich was elected unanimously. Mr. VanDerlip nominated Mr. Robinson for Vice Chair. There were no further nominations and Mr. Robinson was elected unanimously. Mr. Robinson nominated Mr. VanDerlip for Treasurer. There were no further nominations and Mr. VanDerlip was elected unanimously. Mr. Robinson nominated Mr. Phillips for Parliamentarian. There were no further nominations and Mr. Phillips was elected unanimously. New board members Carol Paquette and Ken Jones were congratulated and welcomed.
3. Adjust/Review Agenda Update on communication from Commissioner Vilaseca’s office. Update on collaboration efforts with WCSU.
4. Public Comments None.
5. Update on Communication from Commissioner Vilaseca’s Office Superintendent Mason apprised the board of a recent phone conversation with legal counsel for Commissioner Vilaseca’s office. Superintendent Mason will clarify with Commissioner Vilaseca in writing the district’s intentions surrounding the posting, advertising, and recruiting a superintendent.
6. Update on Collaboration Efforts with WCSU Mr. Robinson reported that he had been contacted by Charlotte Hanna Bassage, Chair of the WCSU Executive Board, regarding the possibility of reviving the committee appointed to develop a procedure/protocol associated with vetting priority ideas for collaboration. Mr. Robinson and Mr. Phillips were previously appointed as the Montpelier representatives to said committee. Following discussion, there was board consensus to reopen the exploration of collaboration opportunities with WCSU.
7. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of February 16, 2011
c. Transportation Contract
d. Investment Procedures for the Endowment/Scholarship Funds
e. MHS Field Trip Request
Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. VanDerlip, to approve the consent agenda including minutes of the February 16, 2011 meeting, Warrants 35 and 36 dated March 3, 2011 in the amounts of $526,461.22 and $21,455.90 respectively, a transportation contract with First Student, investment procedures for the endowment/scholarship funds, and James McCarthy’s field trip request to Cooperstown, New York on May 11-12, 2011. Following questions about fundraising for the field trip, the motion carried unanimously.
8. Adjournment On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to adjourn at 7:16 p.m.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools