- Last Updated on Monday, 13 June 2011 12:14
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:45 p.m.
2. Executive Session On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to enter Executive Session at 6:45 p.m., with the superintendent remaining. On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to leave Executive Session at 7:12 p.m.
3. Return to Open Session 7:12 p.m.
4. Adjust/Review Agenda Superintendent Mason asked for consideration of a field trip request.
5. Public Comments None.
6. Student Presentation Sarah Squier and members of the Irish Humanities class reported on their recent trip to Ireland. Students Bennett Augustoni and Sinead O’Mahoney were interviewed. There was also a PowerPoint presentation.
7. Update on Auditorium Management MHS auditorium manager Zachary Koch presented and explained the new auditorium fee structure. A proposal and quote for upgrading the facility was provided.
8. Report on Environmentally Preferable Procedures Cindy Murphy explained that the district has been enrolled in the Envision program for several years. In order to move toward certification in the Envision program, it is necessary for the Board to adopt certain policies on activities that will improve indoor air quality. One of these policies is the Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Policy, a draft of which was provided. Mr. Jones suggested looking at the ventilation systems within the schools to see if they meet best practice. Following discussion, the Board expressed positive reaction and support for the policy and directed that the guidelines contained in the policy be accepted as universal practice within the district.
9. Discuss Multiple Pathways to Graduation Principal Evans presented and explained the multiple pathways to graduation model that will be piloted in the fall of 2011. The Board expressed support for this model.
10. Consider Field Trip Request Mr. Jones moved, seconded by Mr. Phillips, to approve Sue Abrams’ field trip request to La Ronde on May 31, 2011. Motion carried unanimously. Mr. Jones requested a short presentation by the students upon their return.
11. Action Items
a. FY12 Staffing Requests Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. VanDerlip, to approve the request for additional staffing for FY12 as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
b. Resignations/Intent to Rehire Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. Jones, to approve two teacher requests to resign from their current FTE positions and be rehired at reduced FTE positions for the 2011-2012 school year. Motion carried unanimously.
c. One-Year Teacher Sabbatical Paid By Rowland Foundation Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. Robinson, to approve a one-year teacher sabbatical paid by the Rowland Foundation. Motion carried unanimously.
12. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of May 2, 2011
b. Minutes of May 4, 2011
c. Minutes of May 10, 2011
e. Unpaid Leave of Absence Requests
f. Co-Curricular Contract
Mr. VanDerlip moved, seconded by Mr. Phillips, to approve the consent agenda absent the unpaid leave of absence requests and including minutes of the May 2, 2011 special meeting, minutes of the May 4, 2011 regular meeting, minutes of the May 10, 2011 special meeting, Warrants 47 and 48 dated May 26, 2011 in the amounts of $710,200.92 and $60,303.05 respectively, and a co-curricular contract (see listing). Motion carried unanimously.
13. Adjournment On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to adjourn at 8:38 p.m.
Lacrosse, Girls: JV Coach (75% Salary)
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools