- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 August 2011 12:02
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:31 p.m.
2. Executive Session On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to enter Executive Session at 6:31 p.m., with the superintendent remaining. On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to leave Executive Session at 7:11 p.m.
3. Return to Open Session 7:11 p.m.
4. Adjust/Review Agenda Discuss summer work projects and improvements, sub-committee.
5. Public Comments None.
6. Discuss Summer Work Projects and Improvements Following discussion, Mrs. Herz moved, seconded by Mr. VanDerlip, to underwrite the Director of Facilities’ recommendations to use $112,119 from the current fund balance for summer work and capital improvements. Motion carried unanimously. Mr. Jones requested a tour of school facilities in late August, 2011. The Director of Facilities will orchestrate.
7. Appoint Board Representative to Municipal Heating Initiative Committee Mr. Jones was approved as the board representative to the Municipal Heating Initiative Committee. It was requested that discussions in regard to the heating initiative be included on the next four board meeting agendas.
8. Set Annual Calendar Mrs. Herz moved, seconded by Mr. Phillips, to approve the annual calendar as presented with the caveat that Heather Michaud confirm that none of the listed meetings fall on a religious holiday. Motion carried unanimously. It was requested that an additional meeting of the Board with just the Superintendent be scheduled for July 18, 2011 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. A meeting with the entire Administrative Team will be scheduled for a later date.
9. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of June 1, 2011
i) Terry Hodgdon
ii) Christina Molinaro
d. Teacher Contracts
e. Fund Balance Accounting Policy
f. Authorize Superintendent to Submit Consolidated Federal Program Grant and to Receive and Expend Federal Funds
Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. Robinson, to approve the consent agenda including minutes of the June 1, 2011 meeting, Warrants 51 and 52 dated June 23, 2011 in the amounts of $577,985.40 and $19,531.29 respectively, two teacher resignations, the recommendation to offer teaching contracts to Anne Giroux (family and consumer science – MSMS) and Hilary Sales (music – UES), a fund balance accounting policy, and authorization for the Superintendent to submit the Consolidated Federal Program Grant and to receive and expend federal funds. Motion carried unanimously.
10. Announcements/Review Meeting (+/∆)
It was requested that Norm Etkind from the Vermont Superintendents Association be requested to add insight on the Municipal Heating Initiative.
11. Adjournment On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to adjourn at 7:51 p.m.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools