- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 10:19
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
2. Executive Session On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to enter Executive Session at 6:30 p.m., with the superintendent remaining. On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to leave Executive Session at 7:03 p.m.
a. Contract Matter
3. Return to Open Session 7:03 p.m.
4. Adjust/Review Agenda Superintendent Ricca reported that the district received a glowing audit summary and distributed a copy of the document. Mike Segale from Fothergill, Segale & Valley will attend the February 1 meeting. Superintendent Ricca introduced the second student representative, Meghan Wingate.
5. Public Comments None.
6. Discuss FY13 Draft School Budget Proposed teacher reductions, the possibility of additional spending, and funding for Community Connections were discussed. Following discussion, the Board noted the need for an additional special meeting on December 11, with a vote on the final proposed budget on December 18. The Board requested specific information from Superintendent Ricca for discussion at the December 11 meeting including (1) a cost/benefit analysis and history in regard to an early retirement package; (2) clarity on the role of the admin. support position at each school; and (3) a recommendation from the administration on allocation of possible additional funding.
7. Update on Municipal Heating Initiative Mr. Jones informed the Board that the cost of the asbestos abatement work at Union Elementary School will be approximately $75,000-$180,000. This work will be necessary regardless of whether the building is hooked to the district heat plant or just upgraded with a new heating system. If the building is hooked to the district heat plant, the asbestos abatement work will need to be completed in the summer of 2012 and the cost of this work considered for inclusion in the FY13 budget.
8. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of December 21, 2011
c. FY13 Tuition Rates
Mrs. Herz moved, seconded by Mr. VanDerlip, to approve the consent agenda including minutes of the December 21, 2011 meeting, Warrants 27 and 28 dated January 5, 2012 in the amounts of $618,747.81 and $17,905.57 respectively, and FY13 maximum tuition rates in the amounts of $11,000 for grades K-6, $13,770 for grades 7-12 and $50,000 for the Summit Program. Motion carried unanimously.
9. Announcements/Review Meeting (+/∆)
10. Adjournment On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to adjourn at 8:58 p.m.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools