- Last Updated on Thursday, 01 July 2010 10:37
MEETING OF THE
MONTPELIER BOARD OF SCHOOL COMMISSIONERS
May 19, 2010
Minutes Approved: June 2, 2010
Board: Sue Aldrich, Carolyn Herz, Charlie Phillips, Steve Robinson, Rick Vanden Bergh
Administration: Superintendent Mark Mason
Absent: Lucia Bragg, John Hollar, Sarah Richardson, Lowell VanDerlip
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:45 p.m.
2. Executive Session On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to enter Executive Session at 6:45 p.m., with the superintendent remaining. On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to leave Executive Session at 7:06 p.m.
3. Return to Open Session 7:06 p.m.
4. Adjust/Review Agenda A second Executive Session will be added prior to adjournment.
5. Public Comments None.
6. Superintendent's Report
a. End-of-Year Activities A listing of end-of-year activities and events for UES, MSMS and MHS was provided.
b. UES Principal Search Superintendent Mason reported that two finalists were decided upon following first round interviews. References were checked and site visits were conducted last week. Second interviews are scheduled for tomorrow, with next steps to be decided after that.
7. Set Annual Calendar A draft calendar of board meeting dates for next year was provided and agreed to by consensus.
8. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of May 5, 2010
b. Minutes of May 12, 2010
d. Teacher Contracts
e. Co-Curricular Contracts
Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. Robinson, to approve the consent agenda including minutes of the May 5, 2010 regular meeting, minutes of the May 12, 2010 special meeting, Warrants 51 and 52 dated May 21, 2010 in the amounts of $699,944.40 and $35,914.73 respectively, the recommendation to offer teaching contracts to Marita McDonald-Frey (library/media specialist
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools