- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 15:24
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. Adjust/Review Agenda A discussion regarding the ends policies will be added. An Executive Session will be added prior to adjournment.
3. Public Comments None.
4. Discuss Field Trips Mr. VanDerlip moved, seconded by Mr. Phillips, to approve both field trips conditional upon a short presentation upon the students’ return. Motion carried unanimously.
a. Oneonta, New York – Marijke Russo
b. Ireland – Sarah Squier
5. Discuss Superintendent Calendar of Reports Mr. VanDerlip provided a brief review of calendar items. The monthly student presentations will be spread out from all schools. Mr. VanDerlip requested the Business Manager’s attendance for financial reports. The reporting calendar for limitations policies was discussed, as well as a date for the superintendent’s evaluation. Mr. Phillips would like the policy governance discussion to include a discussion about whether the model is working. Mr. Phillips suggested that the calendar be formalized and adopted. Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. Jones, to adopt the calendar prepared by Mr. VanDerlip. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Follow-Up Discussion from February 13, 2013 UES/MSMS Parent Meeting Mrs. Aldrich reported that she did not sense the same level of support for the school budget as in past years, but otherwise the meeting went well. Mr. Jones requested that the proposed bond information to be put on the district website.
7. Discuss Budget Message to the Public Letters are being prepared for the newspapers.
8. Discuss Ends Policies Indicators for assessing the district’s progress in preparing kids for college were discussed. Mr. Jones asked for a report on preparedness for the Common Core. Mr. VanDerlip inquired as to the process for evaluating the literacy and math coach positions, noting the need to ascertain that these staffing additions are producing meaningful results.
9. Action Item Passed over.
a. Non-Renewal of Employee
10. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of February 6, 2013
i) Hilary Sales
Mr. Phillips moved, seconded by Mr. VanDerlip, to approve the consent agenda including minutes of the February 6, 2013 regular meeting, Warrants 35 and 36 dated February 21, 2013 in the amounts of $741,407.28 and $17,863.00 respectively, and a resignation. Motion carried unanimously.
11. Announcements/Review Meeting (+/∆)
- Future agenda item – report on feasibility of moving the 5th grade to Main Street Middle School.
- Future agenda item – collaboration opportunities with U-32 and Northfield.
12. Executive Session On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to enter Executive Session at 7:52 p.m. On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to leave Executive Session at 8:18 p.m.
a. Evaluation of Employee
b. Contract Negotiations
13. Return to Open Session 8:18 p.m.
a. Evaluation of Employee None.
b. Contract Negotiations None.
14. Continued Announcements/Review Meeting (+/∆)
- This is Mr. Robinson’s final meeting. He will be greatly missed.
- There was a brief discussion regarding dances.
15. Adjournment On a motion duly made and seconded, the board voted unanimously to adjourn at 8:28 p.m.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools