- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 October 2016 13:58
Eighth Grade Technology Education
Communication: Expression, Artistic Dimensions
1a Student safely approaches their media, creatively generates ideas, and solves problems as they arise.
● Student generates ideas for products, designs the product and identifies the materials needed to build the product.
● Students use technology to collaborate, publish, and interact with peers, experts, and other audiences.
● Students use a variety of media and formats to communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences.
●Students use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information from a variety of sources.
Reasoning & Problem Solving: Abstract & Creative Thinking, Problem Solving
2a Student plans and organizes all aspects of their project to meet an identified need. Uses organization, knowledge, and common sense to makes changes to improve effectiveness.
● Student creates a plan to meet a specific need. ie. product, drawing, spreadsheet, inventory, etc.
● Student selects appropriate materials to meet project need.
●Student takes steps to finish project in a timely manner.
●Student makes necessary adjustments to their plan when changes are needed.
Personal Development: Team Work
3a Student performs effectively on a team, setting goals, working together with peers, solving problems, and creating solutions.
● Student helps divide up duties among team members to make sure everyone is doing their part.
● After completing their work, student helps others when needed.
● Student was willing to take on tasks that they weren’t sure they would be good at, but knew their involvement was needed and would benefit the team.
● Student is considerate and respectful of group members.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools